Planète Urgence is an international solidarity NGO, founded in 2000, our mission is to "To enable women and men to act consciously in favor of their community development, by relying on forests and preserved biodiversity to foster their autonomy and resilience".
We operate in 3 areas :
PROTECTION OF ENDANGERED FORESTS AND BIODIVERSITY
- Supporting local groups and organizations in preserving and restoring ecosystems
- Support for the development of Income Generating Activities (IGA)
- Supporting and developing sustainable forest management
- Support for organizations with projects that have a strong social and environmental impact
- Training through volunteer support, networking or tools
- Raising awareness in local communities through our FORET projects
- Raising awareness among the general public through volunteer missions
- Raising awareness through interventions in school
We select our areas by analysing the risk of deforestation or know deforestation, whether these areas are biodiversity hotspots and what the human vulnerabilities are.
Our approach to the development of our activities remains the same:
- Support local organizations and communities with environmental projects
- Support reforestation and local development projects
- Develop sustainable economic sectors linked to natural resources
- Raise awareness of the protection of forests and biodiversity among a wide audience, even from a very young age
- Improve communities’ capacities in order to increase their resilience to the effects of climate change
- Coordinate projects with local authorities to ensure the preservation and sustainable management of territories.